Intermec label Printer - Aix

This is a discussion on Intermec label Printer - Aix ; Can anyone help me setup a remote print queue for an Intermec Label Printer?...

  1. Intermec label Printer

    Can anyone help me setup a remote print queue for an Intermec Label
    Printer?

  2. Re: Intermec label Printer

    On Oct 23, 4:39 pm, capeme wrote:
    > Can anyone help me setup a remote print queue for an Intermec Label
    > Printer?

    Just enter "smitty mkpq". For a remote print queue all you need is
    the hostname of the remote host the printer is attached to. Just
    select
    "remote", then "standard processing". Fill in the name you want for
    the queue on your system, the host name of the remote server and
    the name of the print queue on that server. Then you should be
    good to go.

    HTH

    Jim Lane

  3. Re: Intermec label Printer

    On Oct 24, 7:21 am, Jim.L...@cibc.com wrote:
    > On Oct 23, 4:39 pm, capeme wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone help me setup a remote print queue for an Intermec Label
    > > Printer?

    > Just enter "smitty mkpq". For a remote print queue all you need is
    > the hostname of the remote host the printer is attached to. Just
    > select
    > "remote", then "standard processing". Fill in the name you want for
    > the queue on your system, the host name of the remote server and
    > the name of the print queue on that server. Then you should be
    > good to go.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Jim Lane

    Any idea what the queue device is for Intermec printers?

  4. Re: Intermec label Printer

    On Oct 24, 1:24 pm, capeme wrote:
    > On Oct 24, 7:21 am, Jim.L...@cibc.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Oct 23, 4:39 pm, capeme wrote:

    > > > Can anyone help me setup a remote print queue for an Intermec Label
    > > > Printer?

    > > Just enter "smitty mkpq". For a remote print queue all you need is
    > > the hostname of the remote host the printer is attached to. Just
    > > select
    > > "remote", then "standard processing". Fill in the name you want for
    > > the queue on your system, the host name of the remote server and
    > > the name of the print queue on that server. Then you should be
    > > good to go.

    > > HTH

    > > Jim Lane

    > Any idea what the queue device is for Intermec printers?

    I'm not sure what you mean by "queue device" in this context.
    It isn't one of the values you have to specify when defining a
    remote print queue. For a remote queue all the device-specific
    stuff is handled by the remote system to which the printer
    is actually attached.

    Regards,
    Jim Lane

+ Reply to Thread