HeapView debugger for AIX5.2 - Aix

This is a discussion on HeapView debugger for AIX5.2 - Aix ; Hi AIX experts, I am trying to debug a memory leak issue on AIX platform (version 5.2). While referring AIX online manual, I read about HeapView debugger mentioned in the following link. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...king_progs.htm "C++ provides a HeapView Debugger for analyzing/tuning ...

  1. HeapView debugger for AIX5.2

    Hi AIX experts,

    I am trying to debug a memory leak issue on AIX platform (version
    5.2). While referring AIX online manual, I read about HeapView
    debugger mentioned in the following link.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...king_progs.htm

    "C++ provides a HeapView Debugger for analyzing/tuning memory usage
    and leaks."

    Is HeapView debugger available for this version of AIX? If yes, How to
    get HeapView debugger and use it? If no, is there any similar tool
    that comes with AIX 5.2?

    Any information on this topic is greatly appreaciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Hassan

  2. Re: HeapView debugger for AIX5.2

    You might want to read the documentation about malloc debug's
    report_allocations feature....
    you can use zerofault / purify (they have a versin for aix 5.3 don't
    know if they have one for aix 5.2)...

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    hsh...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi AIX experts,
    >
    > I am trying to debug a memory leak issue on AIX platform (version
    > 5.2). While referring AIX online manual, I read about HeapView
    > debugger mentioned in the following link.
    >
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...king_progs.htm
    >
    > "C++ provides a HeapView Debugger for analyzing/tuning memory usage
    > and leaks."
    >
    > Is HeapView debugger available for this version of AIX? If yes, How to
    > get HeapView debugger and use it? If no, is there any similar tool
    > that comes with AIX 5.2?
    >
    > Any information on this topic is greatly appreaciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Hassan

+ Reply to Thread