pls help moving PPs in mirror - Aix

This is a discussion on pls help moving PPs in mirror - Aix ; On a mirrored VG workvg ( mirrored on 6 disk 3 of each on a separate ESS) 1 | 2 3 | 4 5 | 6 vpath1, 3, and 5 on one ESS and vpath2, 4 and 6 on differnt ...

  1. pls help moving PPs in mirror

    On a mirrored VG workvg ( mirrored on 6 disk 3 of each on a separate
    ESS)
    1 | 2
    3 | 4
    5 | 6

    vpath1, 3, and 5 on one ESS and vpath2, 4 and 6 on differnt ESS

    In this miiroed around 11 PPs are mirrored on vpath2 and vpath6 of
    the only one LV expanding/ using all 6 disks.
    ALL othe PPs are mirrored correctly between ESSs.
    I am thinking of following
    Check stale PPs
    unmirrorvg -c 1 workvg vpath1 vpath3 vpath5
    Will this unmirror PPs from vpath2 or vpath6 leaving clean one copy
    only on 2 4 and 6?
    mirrorvg -c 2 workvg
    Will this take care of all PPs copy from 2 4 6 to 1 3 5?
    syncvg -v workvg
    Set quorum to 1 later

    Please let me know if any step is missing or correct or let me know
    the alternative.
    Thank you very much

  2. Re: pls help moving PPs in mirror

    kakirach@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On a mirrored VG workvg ( mirrored on 6 disk 3 of each on a separate
    > ESS)
    > 1 | 2
    > 3 | 4
    > 5 | 6
    >
    > vpath1, 3, and 5 on one ESS and vpath2, 4 and 6 on differnt ESS
    >

    > In this miiroed around 11 PPs are mirrored on vpath2 and vpath6 of
    > the only one LV expanding/ using all 6 disks.
    > ALL othe PPs are mirrored correctly between ESSs.
    > I am thinking of following
    > Check stale PPs
    > unmirrorvg -c 1 workvg vpath1 vpath3 vpath5
    > Will this unmirror PPs from vpath2 or vpath6 leaving clean one copy
    > only on 2 4 and 6?
    > mirrorvg -c 2 workvg
    > Will this take care of all PPs copy from 2 4 6 to 1 3 5?
    > syncvg -v workvg
    > Set quorum to 1 later
    >

    > Please let me know if any step is missing or correct or let me know
    > the alternative.
    > Thank you very much

    Hi,

    I am working for IBM Austria, I am not a native speaker, but I can say
    your new article is not very inviting to me.
    You are wondering why there is no feedback so far?
    Please, try to find a clear structure for your question.

    Your answer might be "migratelp".
    You cam re-place each PP at your will!

    Greetings from Vienna,

    --jk

  3. Re: pls help moving PPs in mirror

    Johann Kappacher wrote:
    > your new article is not very inviting to me.

    "news article", of course!

    Further topics are:

    super strictness (a value for LV attribute "strict") and upperbound
    reduced to half of #PVs (please, check man mklv for that)

    control over used PVs:
    try to expand FS in two steps instead of one:
    1. extendlv (use destination PVs)
    2. chfs to full size of LV

    --jk

  4. Re: pls help moving PPs in mirror

    On Oct 16, 12:25 pm, Johann Kappacher
    wrote:
    > Johann Kappacher wrote:
    > > your new article is not very inviting to me.

    > "news article", of course!

    Thanks for your inviting and not so news answers ;-)
    You guys are iIT smart enough to uncode the issue......
    ;-)

    :-)

    Thank you very much
    kakira