Aix using ftp through Internet Explorer - Aix

This is a discussion on Aix using ftp through Internet Explorer - Aix ; When I use ftp from IE to connect to AIX system I get issues with the way the folders are displayed. I type in ftp://login@ip address/. I authenticate using the login and password but all the folders and files have ...

  1. Aix using ftp through Internet Explorer

    When I use ftp from IE to connect to AIX system I get issues with the
    way the folders are displayed. I type in ftp://login@ip address/. I
    authenticate using the login and password but all the folders and
    files have a time and/or date in the name i.e. the folder /opt
    displays as "12:04 opt" When I click the folder it tells me that you
    dont have permissions but I ma pretty sure this is because it is not
    its proper name....

    Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.
    Thanks
    Mark

  2. Re: Aix using ftp through Internet Explorer

    On Oct 12, 8:12 am, mark wrote:
    > When I use ftp from IE to connect to AIX system I get issues with the
    > way the folders are displayed. I type inftp://login@ipaddress/. I
    > authenticate using the login and password but all the folders and
    > files have a time and/or date in the name i.e. the folder /opt
    > displays as "12:04 opt" When I click the folder it tells me that you
    > dont have permissions but I ma pretty sure this is because it is not
    > its proper name....
    >
    > Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.
    > Thanks
    > Mark

    /etc/inetd.conf should point to /usr/sbin/ftpd

    Check that your ftpd is the standard AIX version and not replaced
    with other software.
    Use: lslpp -w /usr/sbin/ftpd
    While you're at it, make sure /bin/ls is the standard software also.

    See if it works with firefox.
    --S

+ Reply to Thread