Please correct/provide help- Mirrored PPs - Aix

This is a discussion on Please correct/provide help- Mirrored PPs - Aix ; On a mirrored VG workvg ( mirrored on 6 disk 3 of each on a separate ESS) 1 | 2 3 | 4 5 | 6 vpath1, 3, and 5 on one ESS and vpath2, 4 and 6 on differnt ...

  1. Please correct/provide help- Mirrored PPs

    On a mirrored VG workvg ( mirrored on 6 disk 3 of each on a separate
    ESS)
    1 | 2
    3 | 4
    5 | 6

    vpath1, 3, and 5 on one ESS and vpath2, 4 and 6 on differnt ESS

    In this miiroed around 11 PPs are mirrored on vpath2 and vpath6 of
    the only one LV expanding/ using all 6 disks.
    ALL othe PPs are mirrored correctly between ESSs.
    I am thinking of following
    Check stale PPs
    unmirrorvg -c 1 workvg vpath1 vpath3 vpath5
    Will this unmirror PPs from vpath2 or vpath6 leaving clean one copy
    only on 2 4 and 6?
    mirrorvg -c 2 workvg
    Will this take care of all PPs copy from 2 4 6 to 1 3 5?
    syncvg -v workvg
    Set quorum to 1 later

    Please let me know if any step is missing or correct or let me know
    the alternative.
    Thank you very much

  2. Re: Please correct/provide help- Mirrored PPs

    Dod I ask someting very difficult?

  3. Re: Please correct/provide help- Mirrored PPs

    Just a shot in dark. No garantees expressed or implied.

    Do: unmirrorvg -c 1 but don specify the vpath and see what results.

    After this find, the ESS with the smallest number of PP and migratepv all
    PP's to disks on the other ESS (ie.1,3,5 to 2,4,6 or vice versa) and then
    mirror the vg back to the empty disks

    wrote in message
    news:1192111236.281348.206920@o3g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > On a mirrored VG workvg ( mirrored on 6 disk 3 of each on a separate
    > ESS)
    > 1 | 2
    > 3 | 4
    > 5 | 6
    >
    > vpath1, 3, and 5 on one ESS and vpath2, 4 and 6 on differnt ESS
    >
    > In this miiroed around 11 PPs are mirrored on vpath2 and vpath6 of
    > the only one LV expanding/ using all 6 disks.
    > ALL othe PPs are mirrored correctly between ESSs.
    > I am thinking of following
    > Check stale PPs
    > unmirrorvg -c 1 workvg vpath1 vpath3 vpath5
    > Will this unmirror PPs from vpath2 or vpath6 leaving clean one copy
    > only on 2 4 and 6?
    > mirrorvg -c 2 workvg
    > Will this take care of all PPs copy from 2 4 6 to 1 3 5?
    > syncvg -v workvg
    > Set quorum to 1 later
    >
    > Please let me know if any step is missing or correct or let me know
    > the alternative.
    > Thank you very much

+ Reply to Thread