Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes - Aix

This is a discussion on Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes - Aix ; Hello, Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR. I do not know how ...

  1. Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    Hello,

    Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all
    partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I
    query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR.

    I do not know how we can remove the LPAR characteristics from this system.
    Can someone help me please?

    TIA.

    Regards,
    -Sreedhar

  2. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    I also have one power 5 system on uname -L it shows lpar id 1 and lapr
    name. This is using all resources though.
    DO you have power 5 system with 1 partition using all resources?
    May be this is not a problem..
    But some one may correct us..
    TIA

  3. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    On Oct 11, 6:57 am, "Sreedharamurthy K" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all
    > partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I
    > query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR.
    >
    > I do not know how we can remove the LPAR characteristics from this system.
    > Can someone help me please?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Regards,
    > -Sreedhar

    if your system is connected to an hmc, it is still an lpar, even if it
    is in full system partition mode.

  4. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    Thanks for the reply. But the system is not connected to HMC. It is a
    standalone system.

    Initially we thought will partition this and installed OS as a partition.
    Later we decided to keep it a standalone. But I don't know it still has LPAR
    properties.

    -Sreedhar
    wrote in message
    news:1192122774.513034.69650@50g2000hsm.googlegrou ps.com...
    > On Oct 11, 6:57 am, "Sreedharamurthy K" wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all
    >> partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I
    >> query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR.
    >>
    >> I do not know how we can remove the LPAR characteristics from this
    >> system.
    >> Can someone help me please?
    >>
    >> TIA.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> -Sreedhar

    > if your system is connected to an hmc, it is still an lpar, even if it
    > is in full system partition mode.

  5. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    On Oct 11, 11:57 pm, "Sreedharamurthy K" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all
    > partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I
    > query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR.
    >
    > I do not know how we can remove the LPAR characteristics from this system.
    > Can someone help me please?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Regards,
    > -Sreedhar

    what command are you running ?

  6. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    I use 'uname -L' and even 'lparstat -i' to get the properties..
    Even the program with __LPAR() macro returns it is a (SP)LPAR. Anything
    which depends on this property goes for a toss!!

    -- Sree

    "Henry" wrote in message
    news:1192421286.387150.297810@i38g2000prf.googlegr oups.com...
    > On Oct 11, 11:57 pm, "Sreedharamurthy K" wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all
    >> partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I
    >> query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR.
    >>
    >> I do not know how we can remove the LPAR characteristics from this
    >> system.
    >> Can someone help me please?
    >>
    >> TIA.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> -Sreedhar

    > what command are you running ?

  7. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    On Oct 11, 3:57 am, "Sreedharamurthy K" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Initially we had a system which was partitioned. Now we have removed all
    > partitions configured and it is only a standalone AIX. But still when I
    > query LPAR information, it still shows as LPAR.
    >
    > I do not know how we can remove the LPAR characteristics from this system.
    > Can someone help me please?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Regards,
    > -Sreedhar

    Is there a particular reason you suspect this to be a problem? The
    p520 at my desk has never been 'partitioned' per se, and shows:

    $ uname -L
    1

    $ lparstat -i
    Node Name :
    Partition Name :
    Partition Number : 1
    Type : Dedicated-SMT
    Mode : Capped
    Entitled Capacity : 1.00
    Partition Group-ID : 32769
    Shared Pool ID : -
    Online Virtual CPUs : 1
    Maximum Virtual CPUs : 1
    Minimum Virtual CPUs : 1
    Online Memory : 1904 MB
    Maximum Memory : 2048 MB
    Minimum Memory : 128 MB
    Variable Capacity Weight : -
    Minimum Capacity : 1.00
    Maximum Capacity : 1.00
    Capacity Increment : 1.00
    Maximum Physical CPUs in system : 1
    Active Physical CPUs in system : 1
    Active CPUs in Pool : -
    Unallocated Capacity : -
    Physical CPU Percentage : 100.00%
    Unallocated Weight : -

    You haven't said if the server is p4 or p5, or why you think this is a
    problem.

  8. Re: Non LPAR system is showing LPAR attributes

    Thanks for the reply, Rodney,

    This is not a LPAR, I take this property of the system and perform some
    activities based on it in my program. So I was wondering if I can get this
    info off from the system..

    Fromo this, it looks like on AIX 5.3, it always returns the LPAR id as 1
    even when it is not partitioned...

    I use p5 and AIX 5.3 TL4, FYI.

    Thanks,
    -Sreedhar