GUI in AIX ( or IDE) - Aix

This is a discussion on GUI in AIX ( or IDE) - Aix ; Hi I am totally new in AIX. Recently I am having a trouble with developing fortran programming in AIX. I don't know if there is a friendly GUI in AIX, that I can do simple "COPY,PASTE" such as Microsoft Windows ...

  1. GUI in AIX ( or IDE)

    Hi

    I am totally new in AIX.
    Recently I am having a trouble with developing fortran programming in
    AIX.
    I don't know if there is a friendly GUI in AIX, that I can do simple
    "COPY,PASTE" such as Microsoft Windows XP.
    If there is an IDE, that would be much better.
    thank you for the reply.

    Mike

  2. Re: GUI in AIX ( or IDE)

    On Oct 10, 12:18 pm, Mike87 wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am totally new in AIX.
    > Recently I am having a trouble with developing fortran programming in
    > AIX.
    > I don't know if there is a friendly GUI in AIX, that I can do simple
    > "COPY,PASTE" such as Microsoft Windows XP.
    > If there is an IDE, that would be much better.
    > thank you for the reply.
    >
    > Mike

    Sorry, forgot to mention.
    I use Cygin/X and SSH to the remote IBM machine.

  3. Re: GUI in AIX ( or IDE)

    On Oct 9, 11:20 pm, Mike87 wrote:
    > On Oct 10, 12:18 pm, Mike87 wrote:
    >
    > > Hi

    > > I am totally new in AIX.
    > > Recently I am having a trouble with developing fortran programming in
    > > AIX.
    > > I don't know if there is a friendly GUI in AIX, that I can do simple
    > > "COPY,PASTE" such as Microsoft Windows XP.
    > > If there is an IDE, that would be much better.
    > > thank you for the reply.

    > > Mike

    > Sorry, forgot to mention.
    > I use Cygin/X and SSH to the remote IBM machine.

    ask the system administrator if there is any Window Manager
    installed .. and use VNC to conect to the AIX server ... that will
    allow you to access the graphical interface and ... maybe you can
    install a required tool

+ Reply to Thread