HACMP CSPOC mirror shared vg - Aix

This is a discussion on HACMP CSPOC mirror shared vg - Aix ; Does anyone have any experience with mirroring a shared vg using CSPOC? I am mirroring between two separate disk subsystems. Normally when you disable quorum, you are required to vary off then vary on the vg in order for it ...

  1. HACMP CSPOC mirror shared vg

    Does anyone have any experience with mirroring a shared vg using
    CSPOC? I am mirroring between two separate disk subsystems. Normally
    when you disable quorum, you are required to vary off then vary on the
    vg in order for it to take effect. I am being told by IBM support
    that CSPOC is able to override this and make the change active without
    bringing the vg offline...however, my testing shows that I still have
    to vary off/on the vg in order for the vg to remain online following a
    single disk subsystem failure. Is CSPOC broke, or is this normal?

  2. Re: HACMP CSPOC mirror shared vg

    CSPOC will allow you to make changes to volume group information
    on all nodes when one of them may have the volume group vary'd on.

    It will bypass the normal vg locking methods to accomplish that.

    So....You should be able to extendvg, and perform lvm operations
    through the smitty menus without needing to varyoff the volume group.

    As to quorum, I think you will still need to vary off, and vary on the
    volume group
    to make the quorum setting active.

    Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread