full installation of 5.3 ML5 - Aix

This is a discussion on full installation of 5.3 ML5 - Aix ; Hi all, I have installed 5.3 ML5 with 2 CDs .I want to install remaining CDs also. I have copied all the .bff packages in one location & tried to install using smitty but the command fails after installing some ...

  1. full installation of 5.3 ML5

    Hi all,

    I have installed 5.3 ML5 with 2 CDs .I want to install remaining CDs
    also.
    I have copied all the .bff packages in one location & tried to install
    using smitty
    but the command fails after installing some filesets.please help

  2. Re: full installation of 5.3 ML5

    In article <1191777658.241478.90320@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.co m>,
    brijendra wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have installed 5.3 ML5 with 2 CDs .I want to install remaining CDs
    >also.
    >I have copied all the .bff packages in one location & tried to install
    >using smitty
    >but the command fails after installing some filesets.please help

    Did you do an "inutoc ." in the directory you copied the bff packages?
    What error message are you getting from smitty?

  3. Re: full installation of 5.3 ML5

    On 7 Oct, 18:50, p...@shell.dim.com (Daniel Packman) wrote:
    > In article <1191777658.241478.90...@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.co m>,
    >
    > brijendra wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all,

    > >I have installed 5.3 ML5 with 2 CDs .I want to install remaining CDs
    > >also.
    > >I have copied all the .bff packages in one location & tried to install
    > >using smitty
    > >but the command fails after installing some filesets.please help

    > Did you do an "inutoc ." in the directory you copied the bff packages?
    > What error message are you getting from smitty?

    Not an answer to your question but just to give a correction to the
    last posting - I think that when you install thru smitty it actually
    creates a new .toc file and so inutoc is not needed. I always still
    run inutoc myself though just in case!!

    Scott

  4. Re: full installation of 5.3 ML5

    Hi,

    Not sure what is ur exact pb, but u can try this (I assume u did it
    already):

    # smitty bffcreate

    Then install it using preview 1st to check fileset dependencies

    # smitty install_latest

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread